Wednesday, June 5, 2013

GarethAlteran

Photo





















story of my life.





story of my life.

Photo













kiranirvanna: feminspire: alyssakorea: Tumbling over the past...







kiranirvanna:

feminspire:

alyssakorea:

Tumbling over the past year and a half has made me see the problems of gender roles that exist in media, but sometimes it gets to the point where I over analyze every single piece of television or film that I come across. (However this in no way means that I think feminist media criticism is wrong, or should be avoided!) Mostly I just over think everything.

This is awesome!

This is me regarding feminism in a nutshell.

Photo





Hearing my boyfriend laugh is the most adorable thing. <3

Hearing my boyfriend laugh is the most adorable thing. <3

ensign-chevvy: too deep not to reblog lolll





ensign-chevvy:

too deep not to reblog

lolll

"Behold Lucius I am come, thy weeping and prayers has moved me to succor thee. I am she that is the..."

"Behold Lucius I am come, thy weeping and prayers has moved me to succor thee. I am she that is the natural mother of all things, mistress and governess of all the elements, the initial progeny of worlds, chief of powers divine, Queen of heaven, the principal of the Gods celestial, the light of the goddesses: at my will the planets of the air, the wholesome winds of the Seas, and the silences of hell be disposed; my name, my divinity is adored throughout all the world in divers manners, in variable customs and in many names, for the Phrygians call me Pessinuntica, the mother of the Gods: the Athenians call me Cecropian Artemis: the Cyprians, Paphian Aphrodite: the Candians, Dictyanna: the Sicilians , Stygian Proserpine: and the Eleusians call me Mother of the Corn. Some call me Juno, others Bellona of the Battles, and still others Hecate. Principally the Ethiopians which dwell in the Orient, and the Egyptians which are excellent in all kind of ancient doctrine, and by their proper ceremonies accustomed to worship me, do call me Queen Isis. Behold I am come to take pity of thy fortune and tribulation, behold I am present to favor and aid thee. Leave off thy weeping and lamentation, put away thy sorrow, for behold the healthful day which is ordained by my providence, therefore be ready to attend to my commandment."

- The Golden Ass

thatunknownblogger: You make me feel like I'm losing my...



thatunknownblogger:

You make me feel like I'm losing my virginity

This.



This.

The debt to pleasure

The debt to pleasure:

This is an EXCELLENT article about a piece that i CANNOT WAIT TO READ

What Is Up With "Thou," "Thee," "Thy," and "Thine"?

theyuniversity:

imageimageimageimageimage

friendly-giant-mushroom: castielyousonofabitch: postmodernismru...







friendly-giant-mushroom:

castielyousonofabitch:

postmodernismruinedme:

vardaesque:

unusualjourney:

what-rabbit-hole:

"some historians think that michelangelo was drawing god in a human brain. very few people knew what one looked like at the time; but michelangelo had dissected cadavers and would have known. it even has the hint of a brain stem. if true this would have been a great "fuck you" to the pope whom he was not friendly with but also would have meant god was in a human brain, or created by man."

Interesting.

also michelangelo painted a baby angel flipping off the pope

image

the blond one, you see his right hand? that's called the fig and it's an old world european gesture for 'fuck you" because apparently Pope Juluis II was a total raging asshole and everyone hated him

but nobody ever noticed this little fucker because the ceiling was so high

and then thirty years later they called michelangelo back to paint the wall behind the altar and he wasted no time in painting the gates of hell behind the pope's chair

what a badass

It amuses me to this day how much Michelangelo hated his job

He was like the Renaissance Robert Pattinson

AWWWW



AWWWW

Photo



eomering:    'This is my last word,' said Elrond. 'The...









eomering:

   'This is my last word,' said Elrond. 'The Ring-Bearer is setting out on the Quest of Mount Doom. On him alone is any charge laid… The others go with him as free companions, to help him on his way. You may tarry, or come back, or turn aside into other paths, as chance allows. The further you go, the less easy will it be to withdraw; yet no oath or bond is laid on you to go further than you will. For you do not yet know the strength of your hearts, and you cannot foresee what each may meet upon the road.'

PARTS OF THE BOOK THAT WEREN'T IN THE MOVIE

You Can Tell The Economy's Okay Because You're Stuck In Traffic - Forbes

You Can Tell The Economy's Okay Because You're Stuck In Traffic - Forbes

Lolllll



Lolllll

lol



lol

Photo



No comments:

Post a Comment