Sunday, June 9, 2013

Through a Bear's Eyes

Mmmmmmhmm!



Mmmmmmhmm!

That last post of yours I found quite inspiring, I love that image of having a man at your side, enjoying the random little things while hanging out with interesting friends. It makes me so happy to see happy people be happy!

Awe - thank you, buddy!  

Here's a couple images of him at my side from this weekend :-D

 image

image

I could use a lovely day out on the water!



I could use a lovely day out on the water!

Oh my god, Cotes du Rhone Villages... you done me wrong...

I don’t know that I’ve been hung over in this decade yet.  Jesus Christ.  

So...

This has been the best night I can recall recently…

Matt and I went to the Pittsburgh Riverhounds soccer game.  Even though they tied the Toronto FC Reserves (and even though the Toronto boys played like hoodlums), we had a good time.

We then picked up cheapo Chinese food, which really hit the spot.  On the drive back, we happened upon this old car dealership, which has been in the process of being torn down for weeks, in the final throes of its destruction.  It’s crazy to watch decades disappear in front of your eyes.

Finally, we ended up on the back terrace at the Inn on Negley, where dear friends of mine from Cleveland are spending the night for the wife’s birthday.  Amelia messaged me earlier, letting me know they were in town.  We talked of food ethics, politics, baseball, and sex.  Two bottles of wine later between just the two of us - an Old Vine Zinfandel and a glorious Cotes du Rhone Villages - I am tipsy and so thankful that - for once - this is my goddamned life.  

Me, little old nobody, got to spend the night with the man he loves and two great friends, one of whom is a fucking Food and Wine Magazine Best New Chef, thank you very much, just shooting the shit, having a cigarette, and acting like nothing else in the world mattered more than just that moment.  

Amen and goodnight, friends!

The strawberry-rhubarb scones I made last night and the gorgeous...





The strawberry-rhubarb scones I made last night and the gorgeous local strawberries that are in them!

You can just feel your blood pressure dropping with a view like...



You can just feel your blood pressure dropping with a view like this.  

Miles Davis + Baking...

Miles Davis Pandora Station + Strawberry Rhubarb Scones = Waiting for Matt to get home!

Answer!

bannik101 replied to your post: Dinner!
can i come for left overs, yum. did you make your own berbere or find a place to buy it?

Actually, my dear friends at Penzey’s now have a Berbere spice!

You can find it at http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/C13Berbere.html

image

And sure, stop on over!  Plenty left.  Forgot to type that there’s also turkey in there, too!

Dinner!

Egg noodles with chickpeas, bell peppers, and local asparagus in a berbere pepper cream sauce!

THIS is freaking absurd! The Sum of All Evil by The Chapman...



















THIS is freaking absurd!

The Sum of All Evil by The Chapman Brothers

Photo



What happened to the Emerald City when the Wizard went...



What happened to the Emerald City when the Wizard went corporate.  

Pretty sure I've said similar to the last frame...









Pretty sure I've said similar to the last frame before… many, many times.  

No, seriously, I don't even know how a person's body...



No, seriously, I don't even know how a person's body is able to do that.  I even have a fairly decent (if very forced) turn-out and never fail to marvel at dancers' bodies.  

Again, needs color, but the bones of the structure are...



Again, needs color, but the bones of the structure are gorgeous!

georgianadesign:

"Stone and Water," Greenwich. Moger Mehrhof Architects.

To quote A Chorus Line:  "Everything was beautiful at the...



To quote A Chorus Line:  "Everything was beautiful at the ballet."

"Never underestimate the importance of moisturizing!"



"Never underestimate the importance of moisturizing!"

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhnf! (Sorry, my jaw went slack there for a moment!)



Uhhhhhhhhhhhhnf!

(Sorry, my jaw went slack there for a moment!)

Can we take a moment here?

Getting to 1,000 followers - finally crossing that line - was like waiting for Christmas morning when you’re 4-years old.  I got close, fell back, got closer, and then - voila - we were there.  Presents were opened and that was that.  

Now, in the couple weeks since - after needing a couple people to reach and pass 1,000 - I’ve picked up 46 followers.  WHAT?

Where did you people come from?  I’m confused.  Welcome and all, but still, where y’all been hiding?

I’ve come to one conclusion as to my sudden and inexplicable popularity:

image

No comments:

Post a Comment